- This event has passed.
International School of Hydrocarbon Measurement – ISHM 2021
May 11 @ 8:00 am - May 13 @ 5:00 pm
The primary purpose of ISHM is to provide the most comprehensive oil an gas measurement instruction and training to grow and support the hydrocarbon industry. Mustang Sampling will be providing
- (2) Hands-on Training Sessions
- (3) Lectures by Kevin Warner, Ph.D., Vice President of Mustang Sampling
- Fundamentals of Measurement at LNG Peak Shaving Plants & Truck Loading Facilities: Liquefied Natural Gas (LNG) peak shaving facilities have been in existence for decades but recent changes in natural gas distribution has created a renewed interest in their operation. Not only are LNG facilities used to supplement supplies during peak demand periods, but they are becoming more popular as distribution points for merchant LNG operations. Because LNG is a cryogenic fluid, it presents unique challenges for sampling and analysis. This class will examine how LNG volume and composition are measured at Peak Shaving Plants (and terminals), as well as the requirements associated with local distribution by truck.
- Sampling Challenges Associated With Unconventional Gas Sources: Discussion of sampling challenges associated with sampling wet shale gas, deep-water offshore gas, and gas used as part of the Enhanced Oil Recovery (EOR) process.
- Introduction to LNG Sampling for Energy and Methane Number Determination: Liquefied Natural Gas (LNG) is distributed globally and the United States is quickly rising as a market leader in production. Because it is a cryogenic fluid, LNG presents unique challenges for sampling and analysis. This class will examine both traditional sampling and analysis techniques, along with an overview of the standards governing the process, for large scale custody transfer. Additionally, the class will cover small scale custody transfer, including the determination of Methane Number. Methane number is an important parameter when using natural gas as fuel in diesel engines.
- (2) Lectures by Brad Massey, Technical System Specialist for Mustang Sampling
- Sample Conditioning & Contaminant Removal for Water Vapor Determination: Methods for the proper conditioning of samples while making water vapor content determinations.
- Fundamentals of Sampling Natural Gas for BTU Determination: Discussion of the fundamentals of extracting, conditioning, and transporting natural gas samples for on line BTU analysis.
- (1) Panel Discussion with Ken Thompson, CEO and President of Mustang Sampling: LNG Measurement by Static and Dynamic Methodologies Panel (2 Hour Panel)